At A Family Dentist, we understand the importance of feeling good about the way you look. A beautiful smile lights up your face, attracts others to you, and helps you feel good about yourself. Our goal is to combine restorative dentistry with aesthetics to create a healthier, more attractive smile.
Today, we can help you achieve a beautiful smile without investing a lot of your time and money in costly cosmetic dental treatments. A cost-effective option we offer for creating beautiful repairs and correcting minor flaws is tooth-colored fillings at our Sun City Center dental office.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings are made of a mixture of glass and resin particles, so you will also hear them referred to as dental composites or composite fillings. This results in a filling material that closely resembles the shade and luster of natural teeth.
Tooth-colored composite fillings are also a healthy choice because they don’t require us to remove a lot of tooth structure to provide a durable, aesthetic repair.
Some advantages of using composites for making repairs are:
- Tooth-colored fillings resemble natural dental enamel for a seamless repair.
- We can customize the shade of the material to match your beautiful smile.
- Composite fillings start with a putty-like consistency that can be shaped on the tooth to improve its appearance.
- Since we bond the filling material directly to your tooth, we can preserve more of the healthy structure of the tooth.
An Affordable Cosmetic Alternative
Since tooth-colored composite fillings look so natural and blend so well with surrounding teeth, we also use them correct a variety of aesthetic problems.
- Fill in chips and build up broken teeth
- Close uneven spaces and gaps between teeth
- Refine the shape of a tooth correct size discrepancies
- Conceal severely stained teeth that can’t be whitened
The process for placing a composite dental filling is:
- Prepare the tooth by removing the decayed portion
- Apply an etching solution that prepares the tooth for filling
- Apply a bonding agent and set it with a curing light
- Create the restoration by building the composite up in layers
- Trim and refine the shape of the restoration
- Adjust the filling as needed to ensure that your bite is correct
We Customize Solutions for You
Whatever service we provide, we are committed to ensuring that it fits your needs in every way. Our doctors will listen carefully to your concerns, offer the treatment recommendations that are most appropriate for you, and explain all of your options in detail. We aren’t satisfied until we know we have met your expectations, and that’s true for every service we provide.
Please Call Us for An Appointment
At A Family Dentist, we have plenty of options for restoring your oral health while maintaining an attractive, natural-looking appearance. If you have a tooth damaged by decay, we will be happy to meet with you to help you decide if a composite filling or other treatment is right for your needs.
Please call our Sun City Center dental office so we can arrange a consultation with Dr. Nguyen or Dr. Anthony who will be happy to answer your questions.