It used to be that, if you didn’t have orthodontic treatment as an adolescent, your only option for correcting the problem as an adult was metal braces. In the last few decades, however, adult orthodontic treatment has been aided by a whole array of innovative approaches, and at A Family Dentist, we’re pleased to offer state-of-the-art Invisalign clear braces.
The Benefits of a Straight Smile
Misaligned teeth don’t look attractive, which is the main reason most adults seek orthodontic treatment. If you have crooked or crowded teeth, however, your biggest problem isn’t the aesthetics of your smile:
- Crowded teeth are often difficult to clean effectively and increase your risk for gum disease.
- Improperly aligned teeth can result in increased wear and tear and tooth damage
- Uneven biting forces on misaligned teeth can result in damage to teeth
Properly aligned teeth, on the other hand, function together in better harmony, protect remaining teeth from wear, and enhance the appearance of your smile.
How Invisalign Works
Instead of brackets and wires affixed to your teeth, Invisalign moves your teeth using comfortable, removal aligners that are crystal clear.
Our doctors plan your treatment by taking impressions and photos of your teeth that they use to create a virtual 3-D model. They use this model with Invisalign software to plan out the movement of your teeth at each stage of treatment.
The information they gather is sent to an Invisalign lab that customizes several sets of removable aligners just for you. The length of treatment and number of sets necessary varies significantly from person to person and depends on the extent of your misalignment when we begin treatment.
When we get your aligners back from the lab, we’ll have you return to our office to give them to you and explain how to use them. You should wear each set of aligners for about two weeks then graduate to the next set in the series until all your aligners are used.
Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
Our patients appreciate all the qualities that make Invisalign treatment in Sun City Center, FL so uncomplicated:
- Crystal-clear aligners blend beautifully into your smile, and most people won’t notice you’re wearing them.
- Removable, so you can take them out to brush and floss effectively and continue to enjoy all your favorite foods.
- Comfortable because there are no brackets and wires to irritate tissues in the mouth.
- Shorter treatment times often produce results in about 12 to 15 months.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Many people are good candidates for Invisalign, and you are never too old for a better smile. If you are looking for a Sun City Center dentist who can provide the expert care you need, please call A Family Dentist to arrange a commitment-free Invisalign consultation.